This video will guide you through the steps needed to change the background color in Oracle SQL Developer. It will help you if you are tired of looking at the bright background the whole day long.
The default setup in SQL Developer has the plain white background. If you are a developer like me, and look at the screen all day long…you might want to consider changing the background color to a little bit darker setting to save your eyes a bit.
In this video we will
- Extract the default Fusion Blue jar file into a temporary folder
- Change some of the content in the copied jar file
- Compress our changed content, to a new jar file
- Copy the new jar file to the theme folder
- Change a setting inside SQL Developer
- Restart SQL Developer